With the recent trend of celebrity post-baby body transformations, it may seem the days of invasive procedures and painful recovery are a thing of the past.
While having a baby can certainly be a handful and temporarily reshape your body, there are options to get you back in shape in no time at all. With a postpartum waist trainer, which is one of the latest trends to hit Hollywood, you have a powerful and safe way to lose inches quickly.
Postpartum Waist Trainer – Our Top 3 Choices!
There are many postpartum waist trainers available in the market today. It may be difficult for you to choose which one is the best for your needs. In this article, we will discuss some of the top choices that have been made by other customers who have used a postpartum waist trainer.
I have chosen three of the best postpartum waist trainers on the market today and will explain why I believe these are superior to others. These choices are not necessarily in any particular order, but they are all good options for women who want to get back into shape after having a baby.
I will also provide some tips on how you can choose the correct size for your body type so that you can get maximum results from using a postpartum waist trainer. You can also check out this post waist trainer for plus size women if you’re looking for a more specific size.
What Is a Postpartum Waist Trainer?
What is it about postpartum girdles?
Postpartum waist trainers are designed to help you get back into shape after giving birth. They’re also known as postpartum girdles or postpartum corsets, and they can help you recover faster and feel great about your body again.
This garment is wrapped around your entire midsection, from under your bust to just above your hips, and it’s made from strong elastic material and typically includes a built-in bra for additional support.
Postpartum waist trainers come in many different styles, so it’s important to choose the one that best suits your needs.
Some of them have hooks and eyelets so you can customize the fit according to how much weight you’ve gained during pregnancy; others have Velcro straps or adjustable laces so they’re easy to get on and off as needed (especially during breastfeeding).
8 Top Rated Postpartum Waist Trainer
AltroCare Postpartum Abdominal Binder – The Most Lightweight and Breathable Binder for Moms
- Comfort & Gentle Support - The AltroCare Abdominal Binder was designed for and by postpartum moms to support your belly...
- Premium Materials - Our abdominal binder is made from lightweight, breathable, medical-grade elastic that will give you...
- For All Body Types - Don't cinch your body, support it! The 3-panel design of our abdominal binder allows it to...
- The binder is hook receptive all throughout the length of the binder, so it can be adjusted easily can easily for all body types
- Encourages good posture
- Lightweight material makes it easy to breathe
- Multifunctional – can also be used to address post-care requirements for abdominal surgery such as liposuction, hysterectomy, and gastroplasty.
- Being lightweight, it doesn’t provide a sturdy support feel like other heavy duty binders
- Users might need some assistance in putting on the binder
ChongErfei Postpartum Belly Wrap – The Most Comprehensive Waist Training Support for Moms
- ✅TWO SIZE AVAILABLE - One size version Waist belt -41.3" x 9", Fits waistline 26"-39",belly belt -37.4" x 9", Fits...
- ✅BREATHABLE & COMFORTABLE MATERIAL - One set postpartum girdles meet the needs of all your throughout postpartum...
- ✅MULTIPURPOSE - Essentials for postpartum recovery helps get your body back to its former post childbirth.This...
- Comes with a belly belt, a waist belt, and a pelvis belt, all with different functions to support you as you go through the different phases of waist training postpartum
- Provides great support for pelvic correction
- Helps relieve back pain and prevent visceral ptosis and extreme relaxation of abdominal muscles
- Suitable for both C-Section and Natural birth moms
- Not suitable for wearing during sleep
- Does not provide abdominal or back support during pregnancy
- Observe your amount of wearing time, as putting it on. too much might cause bladder prolapse
KeaBabies Postpartum Belly Band – Band Support for Breastfeeding Moms
- KeaBabies Revive 3 in 1 Postpartum Belly Band in 3 Sizes: M/L, XL, and 2XL. Your trusted post partum recovery belts for...
- Helps You Get Back in Shape - Our 3 in 1 Postpartum Belly Wrap improves posture, core strength, and mobility after...
- Ergonomic Support for Belly, Back and Pelvis - KeaBabies Revive 3 in 1 Postpartum Shapewear offers gentle compression to...
- Highly ergonomic with its 360-degree support design
- Perfectly adjusts to your body shape and proportionally contours
- Very lightweight which makes wearing it all day not a problem for any mom at all
- Maintains its form (no shrinkage / rolling up) after several washes
- Comes in several different colors to suit your taste and outfit matching for the day
- This band comes in several pieces which might take a little more time than the usual waist trainer or binder to put on
- Be extra careful in choosing the correct size to avoid any discomfort
- Not suitable for moms with long torsos
ChongErfei Postpartum Belly Wrap Waist – Comfortable and Supportive for C-Section
- ✅【SPEED-UP POSTPARTUM / SURGERY RECOVERY】 With our postpartum recovery girdle, it has never been so easy to...
- ✅【3 SEPARATE CLOSURES】 This postpartum belly band has 3 separate hook and loop closures to wrap comfortably, the...
- ✅【ELASTICIZED PRESSURE BAND】 The postpartum belly wrap elastic side straps are stretchy enough to adjust the...
- This comes with an upgraded version of the waist belt which reduces its bulkiness from its previous versions
- This wrap also has a pelvis belt which speeds up the contraction of the pelvis
- The material is soft enough to allow moms to sit and lie down comfortably without any bulkiness in their midsection and back
- Recommended for C-section, and can also be used by other women recovering from abdominal surgeries
- Make sure you get the correct measurements before you order your size to make sure the wrap stays in place when you do put it on
- The Velcro material might start to wear out after a few months of use
Upspring Shrinkx Postpartum Belly Wrap – Bamboo Charcoal-Infused Belly Wrap for Moms
- SUPPORT AFTER BABY: Upspring Shrinkx postpartum belly wrap combines charcoal-infused fabrics with postpartum compression...
- SLIMS BELLY AND WAIST: Easily adjustable to fit your changing size postnatal, Shrinkx postpartum wrap is designed with...
- ADJUSTABLE TRIPLE POINT COMPRESSION: Shrinkx is a fully adjustable postnatal belly band with secure triple point...
- This belly wrap combines the technology of bamboo charcoal fiber, with the techniques of compression, to support your abdominal muscles and help reduce swelling after giving birth
- Bamboo charcoal also increases blood circulation
- The design of this belly wrap has triple compression, which enhances the slimming process for your waist and belly
- Bamboo charcoal naturally emits infrared light which, when interacting with body heat, inspires better blood flow
- The Velcro flaps are quite thick and might show easily on most clothing, not recommended if you are wearing a tight dress
- The material is not suitable for breastfeeding moms. In case you need to breastfeed and you will be using this belly wrap, put on at least two layers of shirt of clothing.
Ortonyx Abdominal Binder – Perfect Exercise Partner
- BREATHABLE AND ELASTIC - Highly breathable elastic material makes abdominal binder comfortable to wear for extended...
- SKIN FRIENDLY PLUSH INNER SIDE - Premium, plush inner material of our abdominal binder is so soft and comfortable that...
- COMFORTABLE FIT - Velcro compatible fabric allows closing belt at any position not limiting you to specific range....
- Fits true to its size and also provides great fit and support for those who are short-waisted
- Can be worn during exercise or other physical activity
- Very suitable for wearing under your favorite outfit, quite discreet due to its sleek design
- Has a unisex and inclusive design that can also be worn by men
- The binder has a bit of scratchy parts on its ends, which might make it uncomfortable for the wearer
- Make sure you adjust the binder well as you put it on, as it tends to ride up or move about
Motif Medical, Postpartum Recovery Girdle – No Frills Recovery Girdle
- This girdle is so easy to put on, unlike other postpartum binders or waist trainers that come in several different pieces
- Very discreet in material, make, and color, so it can be easily worn under any clothing
- It has leg grippers that are made of silicon, so you are sure that the girdle does not ride up your legs
- It has a “hug-like” technology that gives you a snug fit without being too tight on the body
- It also has a split crotch design that allows you to comfortably use the restroom
- In terms of adjustability, other girdles or trainers might have an advantage with their hook and loop. This girdle only has a zipper which might be difficult to secure in some cases.
- The straps might cause a bit of discomfort, and are also not recommended for sleeveless or tank/tube tops, in case you are conscious of the straps being visible
Goege Postnatal Girdle Belt – Affordable Girdle Belt with Good Quality
- Summer Waist Trimmer Blet Comfortable and Light weight:This Waist trmmer belt made with the finest materials.Adjustable...
- Functions: Postpartum Recovery,Lose Weight,Protecting Waist,Lift the hips, Abdomen Trimmer,Body Shaper,Tummy...
- Comfortable and Light weight:This Waist trmmer belt made with the finest materials.
- Provides compression in all the necessary spots as you recover postpartum
- It requires only two-steps in putting it on, unlike other wraps or binders that have several components to put on, which take a bit more time
- Easily tug on the flaps to increase tightness of this belt
- Highly affordable compared to other girdles, gives you great quality of support for the price
- Does not really fit true to its size, it is recommended that you order one size up
- Be careful that the product might tear too quickly
When To Start Waist Training After Pregnancy
You might ask, “Can I wear waist trainer after C-section?” When can you start waist training after C-section and how long can you wear a waist trainer?
As your body returns to its pre-pregnancy shape, you may be wondering if it’s time to start waist training again.
Waist training is a great way to get back into shape after having a baby, but it can also help prevent postpartum weight gain. You should wait until your body is back to its normal shape before starting any type of waist-training exercise.
If you’ve had a c-section or are breastfeeding, the best time to start waist training or any other rigorous exercise is around 12 weeks after giving birth. At this point, your belly will be fully healed and you’ll be ready for the challenge of getting back into shape.
Can you wear a waist trainer after giving birth? A lot of women want to start waist training as soon as possible after giving birth, but that’s not always advisable.
If you’re still breastfeeding, wait until your milk supply has normalized before starting waist training—it will help keep your milk supply up and prevent any complications with your baby’s nutrition. If you’re not breastfeeding, then there’s no reason not to start waist training right away.
Waist Trainer vs Abdominal Binder
Waist trainers and abdominal binders are both great tools for postpartum recovery. But they each deliver different things, so it’s important to know the difference between them.
Abdominal binders are all about compression. They’re made of thick neoprene material that fits around your waist and compresses your abdomen, forcing everything below your belly button inwards. This pressure is a great way to support your core muscles while they’re healing after pregnancy, and can help reduce swelling in the abdominal area.
Waist trainers, on the other hand, are made of thinner materials like nylon or spandex and aren’t designed for compression—instead they’re designed to cinch your waist with a custom fit and help you look skinnier overall.
Waist training can also give you a more defined waistline, which can make you feel more confident as well as help improve posture over time.
Risks of Wearing a Postpartum Girdle
What are the risks of wearing a postpartum belly band or girdle? Let’s take a look at some of them:
- Restricted Breathing. When we talk about restricted breathing, we mean that when you wear a postpartum girdle, it will restrict your diaphragm from moving properly. This means that your lungs may not be able to expand as much as they should be able to when you inhale and exhale. This can lead to shortness of breath and even heart problems in some cases.
- Weakened Core Muscles. If you have weakened core muscles, this means that your lower back muscles and abdominal muscles are weaker than they should be. This can put you at risk for injuries like disc herniation, which occurs when there’s too much pressure on the spinal discs in your spine.
This is because postpartum girdles often compress your abdomen and push your organs upwards, causing them to be compressed into a smaller space than they’re used to being in. This can lead to bloating and discomfort as well as increased pressure on the organs of your abdomen.
- Pelvic organ prolapse. The uterus is a muscle that naturally shrinks after giving birth, and it’s important to give your body time to do this on its own. If you try to speed up this process with the help of a postpartum girdle, you could end up with a serious health condition like pelvic organ prolapse.
Pelvic organ prolapse happens when the muscles in your pelvis and abdomen are weakened or stretched out, causing organs like your bladder or uterus to fall down into the vaginal canal.
This can cause symptoms like incontinence (leaking urine), frequent urination, or pain during sex or exercise. It can also lead to infertility and increased risk of cancer if left untreated.
- Pressure on Important Organs. The pressure can cause additional strain on organs like the liver and kidneys which may already be compromised due to fatigue during pregnancy. This could also lead to an increased risk of developing urinary tract infections (UTI) or kidney stones if left unchecked.
Benefits of a Postpartum Girdle
What are the benefits of a postpartum belly wrap or girdle?
- Increase blood circulation. The pressure on your stomach helps to stretch out the muscles and ligaments, which increases circulation to those areas. This can help you recover more quickly from giving birth.
- Improved posture and reducing back pain. With proper training, it’s possible to reduce the risk of experiencing long-term pain in your lower back due to poor posture or weak abdominal muscles.
- Promote recovery after childbirth. Postpartum girdles work by providing support for your abdomen as it stretches during pregnancy and beyond. The added support helps keep everything in place while you recover from childbirth and get used to life with your new baby.
- Reduce swelling and fluid retention. Postpartum waist trainers are a great way to reduce swelling and fluid retention, two of the most common side effects of pregnancy. When you’re carrying a baby—and all that extra water weight—your body tends to retain fluid. This can lead to bloating, headaches, edema (swelling in your ankles), and even blood pressure spikes.
- Supports Your Belly. A postpartum waist trainer helps support your belly and back muscles so they can heal properly after giving birth, keeping you looking great while you recover. And if you’re breastfeeding, they can help relieve some of the strain on your back by providing support while you feed your baby. Just take note of some reminders when and if you decide to do waist training at night.
Can Waist Training Help With Diastasis Recti?
Waist training has proven to be an effective way to reduce or prevent diastasis recti, as well as improve other postpartum recovery issues like pelvic pain and weak abdominal muscles.
Waist trainers work by creating compression around the core area of your body, which helps to bring the internal organs closer together and tighten the abdominal muscles. This helps to create a more stable midsection and reduce the appearance of diastasis recti, or the gap between your abdominal muscles.
If you’re looking for a waist trainer that will help you with diastasis recti, we recommend choosing one that has 4-5 columns of hook-and-eye closures in the back. This will allow you to adjust the tightness of the corset according to your needs and comfort level without worrying about whether or not it will fit properly when you’re not wearing it.
Can a Waist Trainer Help You Lose Weight?
YES. It’s possible that a waist trainer can help you lose weight, but it’s not the only factor that determines whether or not you’ll shed pounds.
After having a baby, your body will go through some pretty major changes—and these changes are going to make it difficult for you to lose the baby weight. You may notice that it seems like your waistline is bigger than ever, and that’s because your body has gone through some significant changes since giving birth.
If you’re looking for ways to get back into shape after having a baby, then wearing a waist trainer can help with this goal. Waist trainers provide compression around the abdomen which helps reduce bloating and water retention while also helping with postpartum recovery by improving posture.
But it should be noted: waist trainers alone won’t cause weight loss. There are many factors that determine whether or not you’ll lose weight after having a baby such as your nutrition plan (which foods do you eat?) and your exercise routine (how often do you exercise?).
It’s a Wrap: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Do Waist Trainers Really Work Postpartum?
YES. Postpartum waist trainers help you lose the extra weight that you gained during pregnancy and regain your pre-pregnancy shape. They help with other things too, like:
- Reducing bloating and water retention
- Improving posture
- Reducing back pain from breastfeeding (if you’re breast feeding)
Waist trainers are particularly helpful for those who want to lose their baby weight quickly, since they can help you reduce the size of your waist by up to 2 inches in just a few weeks.
What Does a Waist Trainer Do Postpartum?
Postpartum waist trainers are a great way to get your body back after having a baby. They can help you achieve a smaller waist and flatter stomach. These trainers can also help you feel better about yourself after pregnancy.
Many women feel their bodies have changed dramatically after having a baby, which can make them feel self-conscious about their appearance. A postpartum waist trainer will help you feel more confident in your body as it returns to normal shape and size over time.
How Can I Slim My Waist After Pregnancy?
One of the ways you can slim your waist after pregnancy is by wearing a postpartum waist trainer. These are designed to help you get the results you want quickly and easily, ensuring that you don’t have to go through the hassle of going to the gym every day or changing your diet.
The best postpartum waist trainers are designed with comfort in mind so that they are easy to wear throughout the day. To accelerate your progress, have a regular exercise routine and follow a healthy diet.
Should I Wear a Belly Band After Giving Birth?
Belly bands are designed to help you get back into shape after having a baby. They can be used to support your back and abdomen while you’re nursing or recovering from an injury, and they can also be worn while working out to help you tone up after delivery.
But what if you don’t want one? You don’t have to wear one. The best thing about belly bands is that they’re optional—if you don’t think it’s right for you, then it’s fine not to wear them.
If you think it might be helpful for your recovery process though, there are some things to consider before deciding whether or not this is the right option for your body:
“Do I have any complications from pregnancy or delivery?” If so, talk to your doctor before using any new products on yourself or baby. Your doctor will likely tell you that wearing a belly band would be safe for both of you as long as it doesn’t interfere with any medical issues or needs (like feeding).
The right postpartum waist trainer can not only help you lose that pregnancy weight, but also help your body get back into the shape it was in before pregnancy. It’s no wonder that women have been using postpartum girdles for decades.
The one you buy should be from a reputable company, though, and be made of quality materials. With the best garment, not only will you feel great about yourself again, but also enjoy incredible health benefits.
Keep following this page for more information on how you can stay fit while maintaining your overall wellbeing. Live your best, healthy life!
I’m a triathlete and life coach, with a focus on holistic health, fitness & women’s issues.
I also write about my gastronomic adventures and my love for the outdoors.