If you are a fitness enthusiast, need we say how much of a game changer a Smith machine could prove to be in your fitness journey. Be it your garage gym, home gym or fitness studio, an advanced Smith machine can indeed aid your intense workout sessions.
In A Hurry? Here Are Our Top Recommendations
Marcy Smith Cage Home Gym Training System (SM-4903)
Marcy Smith Cage System (MD-9010G)
Marcy Smith Machine (SM-4008)
A versatile piece of equipment that can serve as a mini gym in itself, is such a great investment to make. But, if you are still skeptical and asking questions as- are smith machines bad? Then, a state-of-the-art Smith machine like the Marcy Smith machine can change your perspective for good!
In this blog, we have covered the best Marcy Smith machines to fit your budget and meet your specific home gym needs.
Marcy Smith Machine: Our Top 3 Recommendations
What Is a Marcy Smith Machine?
A Marcy Smith machine is an advanced, versatile as well as more functional version of the age-old Smith machine. Provided with added accessories to offer more functionalities, this machine is the best option to achieve your fitness goals from the comfort of your home.
The brand has an array of home gym Smith machines to choose from. These Multi-functional gym cages are jam-packed with fitness-focused features, fulfilling the workout requirements of beginners as well as experienced lifters.
Why Is the Marcy Smith Machine Better Than Others?
There are a variety of Smith machines in the market claiming to offer the best deals and features. But, getting a Smith machine for home gym from a trustworthy brand name like Marcy would ensure quality, safety and security of your investment.
Having spent 35 years in the fitness industry, the brand understands buyers’ requirements for home gym equipment. They have designed home gym machines with a compact footprint keeping the space saving needs in mind.
Personally, we can tell you that the brand has got some really popular products in their lineup. Construction quality, durability and affordability are a few of the key features to look out for, in a Marcy Smith machine home gym.
Let’s talk about some of the best models of Marcy Smith machines.
Marcy Smith Cage Home Gym Training System (SM-4903): Best All-In-One Smith Machine
The Marcy Smith Cage Home Gym Training System (SM-4903) is a great combination of power tower, power cage, and Smith machine in one.
- All-in-One Station - You don’t have to switch between various workout stations with this gym system that combines...
- Cable Pulley System - This cage boasts a durable pulley system that enables you to perform several crossover workouts....
- Adjustable Bench - Engineered with a high-functioning bench that features an adjustable seat and back pad, you can...
The machine includes precision linear bearings, a dip station, an Olympic weight rack, and a cable routed pulley system. Pull up bar, dip station, adjustable bench, Olympic safety stoppers, and 2000-pound tensile strength aircraft cable makes it the Marcy’s most diversified gym equipment.
The machine has some more features like a pull up bar, a dual pulley system both overhead and below, and an anchor for added resistance for barbell training.
- 3-in-1 total body training system packed into a 2-piece compact design
- Aircraft cable with 2000-pound tensile strength
- Weight bench finished with high-density deluxe boxed upholstery
- Adjustable Smith bar catches and full-length safety stoppers
- Heavy-duty tubular steel construction with durable powder-coated finish
- Dual low and high pulley systems for cable cross exercise
- Weight capacity: 600 pounds
- Cage assembled dimensions: 86″L x 73″W x 85″H
- Bench assembled dimensions: 48″L x 27″W x 49″H
Marcy Smith Machine (SM-4008): The Most Economical Unit by Marcy
This is a heavy-weight home workout machine designed to work as a “full body training system”.
- This all-in-one gym equipment features a variety of fitness exercises to tone and strengthens the core, thighs, arms,...
- Power-up your upper body muscles with the Smithstyle press bar and cable crossovers, and strengthen the lower body...
- This multi-functional machine will help you target the different body parts. For the chest and shoulders area, you may...
Marcy Smith Machine (SM-4008) is an excellent all-in-one home gym equipment offering a wide variety of powerful strength training workout routines for your overall fitness goals.
The smith-style press bar has safety stops which can be adjusted. It helps you perform presses, squats, and many more workout routines.
This heavy duty equipment is constructed of 14-gauge square steel tubing, including four handy storage posts. These storage posts help in organizing your plates within arm’s reach.
The independent motion upper pulley system allows cables to crossover and provides resistance for the pec deck. This home gym smith machine is an excellent choice for compact spaces and comes with an affordable price tag in comparison to the other models.
- Maximum user’s weight: 300lb
- Maximum weights on the Weight Bar: 300lb
- Maximum weights on Cross-over, Lat Pull: 200lb
- Maximum weights on Leg Developer: 100lb
- Assembled Bench Dimensions is 68.25”L x 26”W x 4.5”H
- Assembled Cage Dimensions is 65”L x 79.25”W x 84.5”H
Marcy Smith Machine SM 4033: Best for Weight Lifting Exercise
A powerful combination of a power rack, Smith machine and a functional trainer is what sums up marcy smith machine sm 4033.
- You don’t have to switch between various workout stations with this gym system that combines different strength...
- Cage size – 70” L x 84” W x 86” H | Bench size – 62” L x 26” W x 55” H | Max user weight – 300 lbs. |...
- Equipped with multi-grip pull-up bars, this gear allows you to efficiently execute exercises for the upper body such as...
The machine includes many functionalities of a power tower, giving the user access to a countless number of exercises.
To pinpoint different muscles during the workout and provide comfort, the bench back pad adjusts between -27 degree and 76 degree. The machine consists of a detachable preacher curl pad to target your biceps.
The biggest selling point of this machine is its several attachments such as – Triceps Rope, Cable Handle (2), Short Bar, and a LandMine attachment.
- Maximum User Weight – 300 Pounds
- Maximum Weight Capacity on Safety Catches – 300 pounds
- Maximum Capacity Smith Machine Bar – 300 pounds
- Maximum Weight Capacity on Bench – 600 pounds total
- Cage assembled dimensions: 70″L x 84”W x 86”H
- Bench assembled dimensions: 62″L x 26″W x 55”H
- Multi-grip pull-up bar
- Height adjustable dip bars
- Includes cable crossovers and a rowing cable for seated rows
- Removable preacher curl pad and curl bar rest
- Bench adjusts at the back pad and seat pad to diversify your workout
- Short Bar, Triceps Rope, Cable Handle (2), and a landmine attachment
Marcy Smith Cage System (MD-9010G): The Best Selling Home Gym
This Smith machine is jam-packed with everything you require to target all major muscle groups in your body, from the comfort of your home.
- All-steel construction – This home gym system is made with heavy-duty steel frame reinforced with durable powder...
- Multi-functional press arms – this versatile weight system home gym is designed with dual Action press arms. The press...
- Dual-action leg developer – featuring a dual-function leg developer with six oversize rocker pads and a row/curl bar,...
This Marcy Smith cage system is meticulously designed with a dual function leg developer, pec deck station, an Olympic weight bench, a free weight squat rack and a low pulley with a foot rest.
The multi-functional machine includes several accessories: lat bar, ankle strap, shiver bar, triceps rope, v-bar, and pulley cable handles.
Safety isn’t a concern as the machine comes with safety stoppers, adjustable bar catches, and “Ultra-Glide” linear bearings. This is also the Marcy’s best selling home gym smith machine.
- Olympic Smith Bar with sealed linear bearings
- High cable crossovers
- Low pulley with a foot rest
- Free weight squat rack
- Pec deck station
- A Marcy Olympic weight bench with Dual Function Leg developer and Preacher Curl Pad
- Cage assembled dimensions: 70” L x 79” W x 85” H
- Bench assembled dimensions: 79” L x 28” W x 47” H
Comparing Different Marcy Home Gym Machines
What to Keep in Mind Before Buying a Smith Machine?
A Smith machine is certainly a bit of an investment in terms of your home gym. Thus, below mentioned are a few of the most important factors which you should always consider before making your purchase:
- Your budget
- Durability of the machine
- Design as per the availability of required space
- Ease of assembly
Addressing Common Queries Relating to Smith Machines
How Heavy Is the Marcy Smith Machine Bar?
There is no standard weight for a Smith machine bar. Most Marcy smith machine bar weight around16lbs. Whereas, the Diamond Elite MD-9010G weighs about 25lbs, the SM-4033 model’s bar weighs about 36lbs, and the SM 4033 model’s bar weighs 300lb.
How Long Does It Take To Put Together the Marcy Smith Machine?
The assembly time of the machine totally depends on the experience of the user and how comprehensive they find the instructions. It might vary from 3 to 9 hours.
How Much Does the Smith Machine Cost?
A March Smith machine may cost somewhere between $ 1,000 to $2,000 depending upon the model you are going for and added attachments.
Can You Use a Marcy Smith Machine for Bench Presses?
To put it simply, any Smith machine with a barbell, a bench and weights would let you do a full strength training workout session.
All of the above Smith machines from Marcy would allow you to perform a set of exercises as: front squats, back squats, shoulder press, and bench press. Some of these machine models even include a pull-up bar which would further allow you to do pull-ups and chin-ups, triceps rows, lat pulldowns, and bicep curls.
Is It Worth Buying a Smith Machine?
Smith machines are a great investment to make for anyone planning to have a home gym. These machines aren’t just functional and versatile, but the safest of all for eradicating the need of a spotter. It is a great tool for full body workout sessions for beginners and experienced lifters alike.
An advanced Smith machine with additional accessories and capabilities can really make a difference in your fitness journey. They could cover all your training needs and help you improve your functional fitness.
Hitting the nail on the head, Marcy’s all-in-one Smith machines are perfectly designed to help you perform a wide variety of exercises, including muscle building and barbell strength training, unlike the outdated version.
This truly makes them one of the smartest investments you could make in the path of your fitness journey. With sturdy construction quality, versatility, and durability, the Marcy Smith machine is a trustworthy choice to make for your overall home gym needs.
I’m a triathlete and life coach, with a focus on holistic health, fitness & women’s issues.
I also write about my gastronomic adventures and my love for the outdoors.