Have you ever been to a yoga gym? If you visit one you will see the many yoga pieces of equipment there and one of them is a yoga wheel.
The yoga wheel is relatively new in the yoga world. The yoga wheel is a hollow cylinder that is thin in thickness. The main question of the yoga freaks these days is how to add the yoga wheel to their regular yoga practice. There is a lot of practice that you can do with the yoga wheel. There are many health benefits that you can attain with this yoga wheel.
Here we bring writing for you. In this article when have listed some of the ways of using the yoga wheel, we will also let you know about the health benefits that you will get from practicing this yoga wheel.
Let’s get into the details.
How To Use the Yoga Wheel?
Here are some ways enlisted for you. By following these instructions you become able to properly add the yoga wheel to your daily yoga practice. This yoga wheel is going to make an impact on your daily yoga.
Here is the briefing.
Wheel-Assisted Child’s Pose
The child’s pose is a basic stance that you can have in yoga. This child’s pose stretches the hips, lower back, and arms. Move the yoga wheel forward and with your head down. This will make a stretch on your hands, hips, and spinal cord more properly.
- Sit on the floor with your heels. Separate your knees in a way that the hip becomes distant from each other. Put the wheel in between your knees.
- Keep your hands on the tops of the yoga wheel and move it forward. Away from your body. In this posture, your knees will touch the ground.
- Continue moving the wheel forward until you feel a comfortable position for your belly.
- Now hold a minimum of three breaths at this position.
The reclining pose is the modified form of the cross leg seated position. The reclining pose is only possible with the yoga wheel. This meditation is done to attain mental health and peace.
- Sit in an upright position with your legs crossed. Cross the legs in a way that your feet and hip felt grounded.
- Place the yoga wheel parallel to your spinal cord. Now inclined back on the yoga wheel and put your hands on your knees while closing your eyes.
- Now inhale and exhale slowly. When you exhale, move upward on the yoga wheel.
- Continue this practice for a few minutes and you will feel relax.
Wheel-Assisted Half Pyramid Pose
You can overcome your hamstrings with the yoga wheel now. Try the half pyramid pose with the yoga wheel to get rid of your hamstring pains.
- Sit on the ground with one knee. Making a pose of 90 degrees with the thigh of that leg. Stretch the other leg long and place the yoga wheel under the thigh of the stretched leg.
- Flex the foot, that is on the yoga wheel. Take a deep breath. Lean forward a bit when you exhale. Keep your back straight while you are moving the wheel with your hands.
- Take at least 5 long breaths in this position
- Repeats the whole procedure for the other leg.
Yoga Wheel and Your Yoga Practice
The yoga wheel is a quality addition to your yoga practice. You can modify your yoga practice when you have the yoga wheel with you.
Yoga exercises are more soothing with the yoga wheel. Most people are not aware of the health benefits that are associated with the yoga wheel.
Buy a one for you to make your yoga practice more peaceful.
Is the Yoga Wheel Good for Beginners?
The beginners can do the stretching and toning of their bodies with the yoga wheel. Many exercises can be performed with the yoga wheel. You can use it in the stretching of your legs, arms back, and many more.
Try to add the yoga wheel to your regular yoga practice.
What Is the Size of the Yoga Wheel?
There is a variety available in the sizes of the yoga wheels. The standard size for a yoga wheel is having a diameter of 12 inches. The range in the yoga wheel size is from 6 inches to 15 inches. There are micro and mini wheels available for the practice of the children. And for beginners, it is better to have the 12 inches yoga wheel.
Is a Yoga Wheel Dangerous To Have?
In some health conditions, the yoga wheels are not prescribed for use. In some conditions when you don’t use the yoga wheel properly you can become injured. These kinds of scenarios are most common with beginners.
When you are new to the yoga wheel, Use it with the assistance of some expert.
Name Some Yoga Props That Are Common in the Yoga Practice?
Some props that are essential when you are on a yoga practice are enlisted below.
- Yoga blocks
- Yoga straps
- Yoga mat
- Yoga wheel
- Yoga sandbags
These props make the yoga practice even more efficient. With these props, you can enjoy a peaceful yoga practice. Try to use as many props as you can in your yoga practice.
The yoga wheel is new in the yoga market. Most people are not aware of the benefits that are associated with the yoga wheel. You can have the yoga wheel In your yoga practices. This yoga wheel will add satisfaction to your yoga practices.
There is a variety of the exercise that you can do with the yoga wheel. The beginners need to use the yoga wheel with the assistance of some expert. The misuse of the yoga wheel will cause lethal injuries also. Better to be conscious when you are using the yoga wheel.
Hopefully, this article will find you in peace. Let us know in the comment section below if you find this article helpful.
I’m a triathlete and life coach, with a focus on holistic health, fitness & women’s issues.
I also write about my gastronomic adventures and my love for the outdoors.