It might be challenging to squeeze going to the gym into your hectic schedule even though you want to stay healthy and active. A whole-body vibration machine can aid in weight loss, fitness, and exercise for those who may not necessarily benefit from physical activity.
Because they can quickly tone all of the muscles in the body, vibration machines are trendy today. They are primarily developed for mild activities that tone the body and increase muscle mass gently but gradually.
However, you must use the correct machine properly and learn how often should you use a vibration plate. For example, if you aim to burn fats, choose the fat burner vibration machine and not one designed for muscle strengthening.
Using a vibration machine is quite simple. Simply walk on the plate to turn it on. It functions automatically.
What Does a Vibration Plate Do?
Tri-Planar and oscillation vibrations are the two forms of vibration produced by a vibration machine.
Tri-planar vibrations have the smallest motion range of the two types, but because they can also be more intense or rapid, they make an ideal machine for boosting bone density and building muscles. The platform may shift in three directions: up and down, side to side, and forward and backward.
Vibrations caused by oscillations fluctuate up and down. A central balance point on the platform causes it to tip up and down.
This type of vibrating equipment is utilized for exercises emphasizing calorie burning and weight loss. You can set it to intense training with more aggressive vibrations that trigger leg muscles, hips, buttocks, core muscles, back, and abdominals.
What if you want to target both weight loss and muscle building? Due to the existence of oscillation and tri-planar vibration machines, you can obtain both. Additionally, you can always adjust the whole-body vibrations’ frequency and intensity to suit your preferences and reach your exercise objectives.
How Often Can You Use a Vibration Plate?
To figure out how frequently you should use these plates, there are a few things you should understand about using them. The frequency of use in your everyday workout regimen varies greatly among persons according to fitness objectives.
Since vibration plates help you burn calories, many users purchase them intending to lose weight. Therefore, using the vibration plates for at least 20 to 30 minutes three to four times per week may be helpful if your goal is to reach your fitness goals more quickly.
This time is sufficient for you to get results from using a vibration machine without jeopardizing your well-being, especially if your physical condition and general health pose risks.
Tips on Using Vibration Plate
To avoid whole-body vibration and machine side effects, always ensure you follow the appropriate procedure. Misusing them can have long-term repercussions on the circulatory and nervous systems. Start with low-intensity vibration plate exercises to improve your safety and progressively increase them.
Here are two tips to guide you on how to use vibration plates.
Avoid Wearing Shoes
Unlike other workout equipment like treadmills or exercise bikes, you are not required to wear shoes when using a vibration plate. Shoes limit your control while using the equipment. They can also interfere with the vibration frequencies, ultimately messing up your workout regime.
Use Different Exercises
When using a vibration plate, experiment with different exercises, including lunges, squats, and pushups. Before diversifying your workouts, start by mastering how to operate the equipment.
Benefits of Vibration Platform
Vibration plates are a method for building muscle they work on improving your health. They are an excellent approach to start living a healthier lifestyle. Other benefits of using the plates include:
- Vibration plates help with muscle strengthening. When using the machine, your strength increases as a result of training and muscle toning. You won’t need to take a break to catch your breath while going up the stairs or continuing with your normal activities.
- Reduced blood pressure. High blood pressure is amongst the most prevalent negative outcomes of being overweight. It poses a significant risk of a heart attack. Utilizing a vibration plate speeds up how quickly your body burns through energy, enhances oxygen intake, and lowers blood pressure.
- Faster weight loss: Often, people ask, does the total body enhancement burn calories? Vibration plates help you shed calories quicker than any gym activity. Body fat deposits are the focus of vibrations. You can lose weight with vibration plates without having to move any part of your body. Just standing on the plates is sufficient.
- Convenience. A vibration plate is convenient, especially if you are apprehensive about going to the gym or prefer to work out at home. You can use the machine anytime, even at three in the morning, and still burn those calories. If your home does not already have a built-in gym, their compact design makes it simpler to incorporate them into any available space.
- Spend less time exercising. You can lose weight faster with a vibration plate than any other traditional gym activity, with just 15-20 minutes daily. Including equipment with the best vibration plate for weight loss ensures you can tune the frequency and amplitude to your fitness goal. This offers relatively quicker results thanks to its high-fidelity harmonic vibration technology.
5 Exercises You Can Perform on a Vibration Platform
The following are some of the exercises you may use to emphasize weight loss and exercise particular muscles, in addition to standing and allowing the vibration plate to do its thing.
#1 – Shoulder Stretch
This workout requires a vibration plate with hand straps. Straps can sometimes be included in the vibration platform or purchased separately. To perform the shoulder stretch;
- Put your feet apart, so they are a hip distance apart, and stand on the vibration platform. Your plate’s speed should be set to 28Hz.
- Pulling on the strap, make a straight angle with your left and right arms around the elbow. For 30 seconds, as much as possible, reposition your shoulders by pulling back.
- Repeat the procedure after letting go and taking a deep breath.
#2 – Leg Lifts
The exercise focuses on the back and abdominal muscles.
- Set your vibration plate’s speed to 15-20 Hz.
- If you want to be relaxed and comfortable on your vibration platform while exercising, position yourself in the middle.
- As support, slightly recline and place both hands behind your back.
- Maintaining a straight back and extending your feet as high as you can, hold the pose for at least 15 seconds.
#3 – Squats
These workouts are among the most well-liked, particularly in women. Squats work the muscles in the thighs.
- Lie on your back with your feet wider than shoulder-width apart, and your knees bent at a straight angle in relation to the floor.
- To avoid losing your balance, spread your hands straight in your front, parallel to the ground, but not too far. You can begin squatting while maintaining a straight back.
- Do this while keeping your vibration plate’s speed at 25Hz for 30 seconds.
#4 – Lunges
Lunges are great for toning your lower body, and the added vibration helps to engage your muscles even more. They also help with enhancing your balance.
- To do a lunge on a vibration platform, stand with one foot on the platform and the other foot behind you, then lower your hips until both knees are at 90-degree angles.
- Keep your front knee directly over your ankle and your back leg straight as you lower down.
- Adding dumbbells or kettlebells helps to increase the intensity of the exercise.
- To work your upper body simultaneously, you can add arm motions to this exercise, such as overhead presses or tricep kickbacks.
As with any exercise, start slowly and increase the intensity as you get comfortable with the movement.
#5 – Push-ups
If you’re looking for a way to improve your push-up game, consider doing them on a vibration platform. The added vibration will help engage your muscles and make the exercise more challenging.
Just be sure to keep your form in check, as the platform’s instability can make it easy to lose balance. A push-up is a basic exercise that can be done on a vibration platform.
- Stand on the platform and place your hands on the handles to do a push-up.
- Then, push down on the handles to raise your body up and off the platform.
- Hold for a moment when your arms are extended, and then slowly lower yourself back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for as many repetitions as desired.
Push-ups are an effective way to work the chest, shoulders, and triceps muscles. They can also be modified to target different muscle groups by changing hand placement or using one arm at a time.
What is a Vibration Plate and How should I Use it FAQS
What Speed Is Best for a Vibration Plate?
The best speed on the vibration plate for weight loss can vary depending on the model and the manufacturer. However, most plates have adjustable speeds that range from low to high.
For most people, the best speed for a vibration plate is between 10 and 20 Hz. At this frequency, the vibrations are strong enough to provide a good workout and yield the most vibration plate benefits but are not so intense that they cause discomfort.
Can You Overuse a Vibration Plate?
While there are many benefits to using a vibration plate, it is essential to use it in moderation. Overuse of a vibration plate can lead to joint pain, muscular fatigue, and strain.
It is also essential to ensure that the machine is set to the proper intensity level. Start with a lower setting and gradually increase the intensity as your body becomes accustomed to the vibrations.
How Many Times a Day Should You Use a Vibration Plate?
Most people ask is it safe to use a vibration plate every day. It’s recommended to use vibration plates for between 15 and 30 minutes, two to three times per week. Since this differs from one machine to another, it’s crucial to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Most vibration plates advise waiting at least 48 hours between sessions to give the body time to recover. Also, do some warm-ups when using the vibration plate before and after.
Do Vibration Plates Work if You Just Stand on Them?
No scientific evidence supports that vibration plates work if you stand on them. While they do generate vibrations, these vibrations are too weak to cause any significant muscle contractions.
To get the most out of a vibration plate, you need to perform exercises such as squats, lunges, and push-ups while on the machine. This way, you can work your muscles against the plate’s resistance, providing a more effective workout.
How Long Do You Have to Stand on a Vibration Plate to Lose Weight?
A general rule of thumb is standing on the plate for at least 10 minutes daily to see results. However, you may need to stand on the plate for longer to see the same results if you are heavier.
Additionally, if you increase the intensity of the vibration or use the plate more frequently, you may be able to lose weight in a shorter time frame.
How Many Calories Do You Burn in 10 Minutes on a Vibration Plate?
The number of calories you burn in 10 minutes on a vibration plate depends on a few factors, including your weight, your level of fitness, and the intensity of the vibrations.
However, research suggests that a 10-minute session on a vibration plate can burn anywhere from 50 to 150 calories. That means that if you use a vibration plate for just 10 minutes a day, you could potentially burn an extra 500 to 1500 calories each week.
Does a Vibration Plate Help With Belly Fat?
Studies show that vibration plates are effective at trimming belly fat and dangerous fats, specifically pesky love handles. They’re good for targeting the “Organ Valley” between organs which can lead to health problems if left unaddressed.
Exercises done regularly can be replaced by vibration plates. Giving the body’s muscles rapid vibrations aids in calorie burning by causing the body’s muscles to break down energy. When used properly, they lessen pain and inflammation.
With regular use, these plates have been shown to assist users in losing weight. Users report seeing great benefits from 30-minute sessions 2-3 times each week. If you are starting, begin slowly and build momentum as you progress.
Remember that utilizing a vibrating machine to achieve your fitness goals demands consistency and moderation. All human bodies are different. Therefore, the rate of weight loss varies from one person to another.
I’m a triathlete and life coach, with a focus on holistic health, fitness & women’s issues.
I also write about my gastronomic adventures and my love for the outdoors.