Are you struggling to boost your muscle strength? Many people desire of strong muscular body, but fail in this challenge. Here is a simple solution to your problem, bring the body solid smith machine home to regulate your training sessions.
The Body Smith machine allows you to exercise in your comfort zone regardless of whether you are a beginner or an experienced athlete. There is no need to soak up other people’s sweat. Nevertheless, buying a Smith machine is not a cakewalk.
You must understand the factors involved in the assembly of the machine so that you can assemble it correctly.
Luckily, we are here to keep you posted about the Body-Solid Smith Machine. Take a look at what you get in this overall deal.
What Is Body-Solid Smith Machine?
You may count on a brand like Body-Solid when searching for the best gym equipment. They have been in this business for 30 years and providing a wide range of tools to help you alter your physique with Smith machines, home gyms, power racks, free weights, and more.
If you are unfamiliar with Smith machines, they include a power rack attached to barbells. It is non-removable from the frame since it has gliders attached that allow it to glide up and down vertically.
If compared to an ordinary barbell, the Body-Solid Smith machine is considered safer to use. In this machine, there is no need to stabilize the weight. So, the unstable lifters can also lift more weight. There is also no need of a spotter.
Body-Solid Series 7 – Popular Body-Solid Smith Machines
When we talk of Body-Solid, we think of Smith machines. In the realm of fitness, it is a well-known brand.
The Body-Solid Series 7 Smith Machine is the product that is known for high quality standards, better structural engineering and advanced biomechanical design. This product offers the combined advantages of Smith Machine, Half-Cage and Multi-station gyms.
The Body-Solid Series 7 Smith Machine is made of a high-grade steel frame with 11 and 12 gauge 2” x 3” components that hold the structure firmly. As per Amazon, the machine can carry a weight of up to 600lbs.
The Body-Solid Smith machine bar weight has 20 lock-out points that allow you to lock your barbells according to your range. The free-weight barbell rack of the gunrack system has 14 different mounting positions. It makes it handier to perform squats and other exercises without the machine.
The barbell weighs only 25lbs which is super easy to adjust between exercises. It is also great for beginners who have just started exercising and desire all-in-one gym equipment. Due to its modest weight and requirement for additional weight for the workout, experienced weightlifters may not enjoy the machine.
You will notice six-weight frames beside the mount. Olympic weight plates of all sizes can fit in it. It holds each plate firmly in place. After all, who likes gym plates lying on the floor. In terms of quality, safety, and features, the Body-Solid Series 7 Smith machine scores high. You receive a lifetime warranty on the product since built to last a long.
You get two options in the Body-Solid Series 7 Smith Machine.
- Set to a 7-Degree Reversed Pitch
- Linear Ball Bearing Smith System With 20 Cross Member Lock-Out Points
- Freeweight Gunrack System with 14 Lift-Off and Racking Positions
- Linear ball bearing Smith system with 20 crossmember lock-out points for a safe, solid stop at any point in your workout...
- Freeweight gunrack system with 14 lift-off and racking positions for ultimate versatility, safety and control
- Large diameter Smith Bar responds quickly, is easy to control and weighs only 25 Lbs. It's ideal for amateurs or...
The GS348QP4 model is the company’s best-seller as it comes with a seat, lat attachment, pec dec station, adjustable bench, leg developer, and preacher curl attachment. These add-ons make it user-friendly and a complete package. You can check body solid smith machine reviews to know why fitness fans love the brand.
Let us break down the advantages of these additional attachments.
- Lat Attachment– Body-solid smith machine with lat pulldown, let you perform pulldowns with a separate 210lb weight stack. It is attached to a high pulley with a weight stack behind it.
- Pec Dec Station– It is located near the rear of the cage and lets you perform pec flys. Since it is affixed to the weight stack, you do not need to change it, when you do resistance training.
- Adjustable Bench– You do not have to buy the bench singly from the store, as it is adjustable according to your comfort level. It lets you do tons of exercises by inclining or declining the bench press.
- Leg Developer– A leg developer attachment is provided in the front of the frame to perform leg extensions and hamstring curls. It is pretty much like other leg developers that use resistance for training.
- Preacher Curl Attachment– It allows you to perform preacher curls. Nevertheless, the packaging does not contain the bar. You have to buy it individually.
Safeties are included on both Smith and free weight sides for catching the bar if you lose control. You can adjust them to hold the bar before it hurts you. So, no need to worry.
- It is a heavy-duty product made of a commercial-grade steel frame.
- It features 14 mounting positions on the gun rack.
- There are 20 lock-out points.
- It has 6 Olympic weight plate storage posts.
- You get adjustable safeties.
- There are four separate attachments in the box.
- It comes with an adjustable bench.
- There is an additional 210lb weight stack.
- A lifetime warranty is a plus.
- It takes up floor space.
- The assembly of this machine is a bit crucial.
Is Body Solid Equipment Good?
Yes! No matter if you’re opening a gym or want some equipment for your home gym, Body-Solid is a wonderful option. The product’s lifetime warranty and reasonable pricing are the finest features. They are renowned for producing durable, high-quality goods. So, their items are always a good choice.
How to Assemble Body Solid Smith Machine
Assembly is a crucial part of Smith machines. So, you have to be patient as this may take some time. Some people claim to have put it together on their own without assistance, yet hiring a pro is a good bet.
Only photographs constitute the building manual, but it is simple to follow. For better ideas, the manual contains large and crisp photos. Numerous assembling bolts of various sizes appear identical, so it is vital to validate the bolt placement to the manual illustration before assembling.
The entire system is 800lbs during shipment. Therefore, you must have assistance in carrying the boxes to their final location.
Should Beginners Use Smith Machine?
Are you a beginner who is unsure of buying Smith machines? Not to fear; Smith machine safety features also make it safer for novices. It will help you to improve your squatting ability by keeping you stable.
The fact is anybody can use this machine because the pulley system moves the weight more effortlessly. Also, the safeties lock the bars at a point that does not cause you harm.
FAQs-Answering Questions Running in Your Mind
How Heavy Is the Bar on the Body Solid Smith Machine?
In Body-Solid Smith machine, the large diameter Smith bar weighs only 25 lbs. It is ideal for professionals as well as beginners. With the bars attached to the tracks, lifting is even easier.
Is the Smith Machine Good for Anything?
The Smith machine is an efficient tool for fitness fanatics and people who want to transform their body. It lets you use heavier weights than you usually use on a free rack. The safety of the machine reduces the fear of lifting or limiting yourself. Squats, bench presses, drag curls, and other workouts are among the many that you may do.
How Much Is a Smith Machine Worth?
The least expensive Smith machine model will cost you at least $800 to $1000, while the expensive one will charge you between $1800 and $3500. Although some individuals might find it pricey, it is worthwhile. There is no alternative to the quality Smith machines offer or the variety of workouts you can do on them.
Can You Get a Good Workout on a Smith Machine?
For sure! Smith machines are a great way to enhance your body muscles. The constant tension laid on your muscles tones them in significant time usage.
The Body Solid Series 7 Smith Machine is a complete home gym system. It includes multiple attachments that let you perform over 50 strengthening exercises in your comfort zone. Moreover, it has a lifetime warranty and is safe to use.
Smith machines are the finest option if you want a complete system. It is worth it as you are not paying anything extra for other attachments like seats or leg developer. Grab weight plates and bars, and you are ready to go.
I’m a triathlete and life coach, with a focus on holistic health, fitness & women’s issues.
I also write about my gastronomic adventures and my love for the outdoors.